Ahoy, Commander! It's time for the June update!
This time, we're introducing a new home screen and doing a major rework to player progression with Island Explorations!
We're also introducing the mysterious Artifacts, the long-awaited Alliances, and if that's not enough, there are new Cards to unlock and a whole bunch of other changes and improvements!
Read on below as we go through everything coming in the June update!
Note: the 0.7.0 update will be available from June 6, 2022. To play it, make sure to download the latest version of the game from the Google Play Store, App Store or Testflight when it becomes available.
After this update, when you first boot up the game, it'll look VERY different!
We're changing how progression works with Island Exploration! Explore the Archipelago to find rewards and unlock new Cards and exciting features!
Also, forget everything you knew about “HQ Levels”...
… Now it's all about PLAYER LEVEL!
- You can now go up to level 50!
- You still get XP from battles in order to level up
- There's a limit on how much XP you can earn daily, but this limit increases with your level
- Every time you level up, new Islands become available to explore
- New Cards are now scattered throughout the Islands and you need to find them before they show up in Boxes
- Exploring Islands is also how you can access new features such as Alliances and Artifacts
After the update, your new Player level will be determined based on your past HQ level and the amount of XP you had accumulated until this point. As a reward for your dedication (and compensation for any inconvenience), you'll also receive a selection of Boxes the next time you log in (the higher your level, the better your rewards).
Island Exploration significantly changes how you progress through the game, with a selection of rewards, from Coins and Card unlocks to Artifacts and Gems!
And this is just the beginning! There are loads of things that we still want to add to the Archipelago to make exploration deeper and more rewarding!
Get together and bring chaos to the islands with the new Alliances!
When you reach Player Level 12, the Alliance Boat will become available and you'll be able to access Alliances.
Alliances in Boom Beach: Frontlines are groups of up to 30 players, including a Leader who has additional rights.
In the Alliance Boat, you can:
- Join recommended Alliances
- Do an advanced search for a specific Alliance
- Receive invites to join Alliances
- Create your own Alliance
- Invite friends from your friend list to join your Alliance
- Leave your current Alliance
- As an Alliance Leader, remove other players from the Alliance
- Squad up with other Alliance members
- Chat with other Alliance members and use EMOTES!
We've wanted to bring Alliances for some time now so players can have a place to huddle in-game, talk strategies and just have fun together!
And this is not yet the final form of Alliances! We have lots of ideas and plans to add more features to Alliances in future updates (including the very important Card Donations), so stay tuned for more details in the coming months!
After you've done some exploring around the Islands and unlock the Artifact Storage, you'll gain access to the exotic new Artifacts!
These items make it easier to level up your Cards, especially if you're missing some of the necessary resources for the upgrade.
There are currently two types of Artifacts – Wild Cards and Ancient Coins – but there are rumours of more to come... Better keep your eyes peeled!
Artifacts can be obtained by exploring the Islands, and starting in July, you will also be able to Wild Cards in the Beach Pass rewards!
Wild Cards can be converted into any Card of their corresponding rarity that you have already unlocked.
For example, if you're missing 10 Zooka Cards for the next upgrade, you can use 10 Rare Wild Cards to fill in for the missing cards and upgrade your Zooka to the next level!
Ancient Coins come in super handy when you don't have the necessary amount of Coins for a Card upgrade.
For example, if you only have 100 Coins and a Card upgrade costs 10,000 Coins, using just one Ancient Coin will fill in the rest of the Coin cost and let you upgrade that Card!
Keep it fresh with these brand new Cards bringing an icy new mechanic to the frontlines: the Cryo effect!
Cryo is a slowdown effect that causes a 35% reduction in movement, reload speed and fire rate. This all results in a 35% reduction in damage!
Some more things about the Cryo effect and Cards:
- The Cryo effect counters the Boost effect from Cards like Booster and Battle Boost: Boosted units lose the Boost effect when hit by the Cryo Effect, so make sure you deploy your Cryo units when an enemy Booster is on the field
- All Cryo Cards are immune to Cryo slowdown effects!
Say hi to the coolest new troop on the Islands! No, really, say "Hi" before she turns you into a pineapple popsicle!
The Cryooner is an Epic Troop who shoots icy projectiles from her cannon at enemies with a small splash radius, and struck enemies are slowed down. You'll definitely want to have her on your side!
The Ice Cannon is a Tier 2 Defence that, just like the Cryoneer, shoots icy projectiles at enemies with a small splash radius.
Enemies hit by the Ice Cannon are slowed down, making them easy targets for your team to pick off from a comfortable and safe distance!
…AND MORE CARDS!
He's here to kick butt and drink coffee – and he is all out of coffee!
The Commando is an Epic Troop that uses a modified rifle with an attached grenade launcher to dominate both in middle and close-range combat!
That's right! His first shot after each reload is always a lobbed grenade! He then uses his rifle to take down anything that escaped the blast or is brave enough to still face him.
If the battle timer is running out, don't go overtime. Go HOVER time!
The Hover Raft is a brand new Epic Vehicle that can glide above water and small obstacles.
The Hover Raft can also carry one extra passenger, and it comes with a unique weapon that repeatedly shocks all surrounding enemies with electric zaps.
Made with top-of-the-line spare parts technology and ultimate engineering techniques! The Bomb Wagon is a totally safe tank fit for every battle situation! Insurance, warranty & user manual are not included.
The Bomb Wagon is a Rare Vehicle with a medium-range attack that launches Bomblets at enemies. Bomblets are cute tiny walking bombs that deal extra damage to buildings and vehicles and will prioritize them over other targets.
- Max Card Level increased from 11 to 12!
- Fire Lobster: Range increased to be equal to Fire Bomber (18 -> 23.5)
- Boom Bundle: Munitions cost increased by 100 (400 -> 500). Cooldown after use increased from 10 to 20 seconds
- Airstrike: Munitions cost decreased by 100 (500 -> 400). Damage per hit increased (400 -> 500)
- Mission requirements for “Deal damage to infantry as a Flamer” reduced by 40%
- Mission requirements for “Deal damage to enemy buildings as Warrior” reduced by 40%
- Mission requirements for “Deal damage to enemy buildings as Jetpack” reduced by 30%
- Mission requirements for “Defeat X enemy players as a Warrior in battle” reduced from 7 -> 5
- Card Cooldowns: Common Card cooldowns increased by 1-15 seconds (at min-max level), and Epic Card cooldowns reduced by 20 seconds (across all levels). Rare Card cooldowns stay the same
- Operation Length: normal battle time has been reduced from 270 seconds to 210 seconds, and overtime has been reduced from 120 seconds to 90 seconds. Super Operations length remains the same
The biggest changes this time are focused around improving the utility of Epic Cards. We want them to be easier to integrate into your loadouts (so faster cooldowns are in order) and make the missions for these Troops more accessible. Following that, we’re experimenting with making regular Operations FASTER. This means more battles (and thus more rewards) and more players looking for a game simultaneously. It also allows us to put a bigger emphasis on how grand and epic Super Operations are.
- AK, Lead Game Designer
OTHER CHANGES & BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue in the friend list tab where the player status showed incorrect information
- Various other bug fixes and improvements
UPDATE ON OUR SOFT LAUNCH
Last but not least – We promised at the beginning of the year to give you an update on the status of adding new countries around this time, so here we are!
After rounds of game updates, card rebalancing, new operations, etc., we have finally decided that it's time to start releasing the game in new countries and open it up to thousands more players.
That’s why, in the coming months, Boom Beach: Frontlines will enter pre-registration in selected countries!
We can’t say yet which countries we'll be releasing the game in but keep an eye open for new details coming very soon – including dates, pre-registration rewards, and much more!
AND THAT'S ALL…
… for the June update! These are exciting times, and your support has been crucial to the team, so we'd like to thank you for all the feedback given during these months and we hope you have fun with the update!
As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts, suggestions and further feedback on our social media channels:
See you on the Islands!
- The Boom Beach: Frontlines Team