Welcome to the July Update, Commander!
With this release, we're introducing a much-requested feature to Alliances and we're also adding an all-new way to manage your Island buildings and rewards, as well as squeezing in some fresh new Cards, and much more!
Additionally, to support the new countries coming to the soft launch in August, we're also adding more languages to the game.
TAP HERE to find out which countries are joining our soft launch and how to get a free Premium Beach Pass!
Note: the July update is available from July 27, 2022. To play it, make sure to download the latest version of the game from the Google Play Store, App Store or Testflight when it becomes available.
That said, let's dive right into the July update contents!
You can now request and donate Cards in your Alliance!
Card donations are a great way to support your teammates and improve your favourite Cards! Here's how it works:
- Request Common or Rare Cards
- Donate Cards to your teammates and receive Coins
- You can only request Cards that haven't reached the maximum level
- The number of Cards you can request and donate increases with your player level
- Cards requests can be made every 7 hours
- You can only donate Cards after being in an Alliance for at least one day
With Upgradeable Buildings, each Building on your island now offers unique perks: from improving the contents of your Boxes to giving you higher Artifact storage, to better Mission rewards and additional free Boxes, among others!
Each Building can be upgraded by several levels, with each level improving the value of the perks they offer. The higher the building level, the better the perks will be!
And how can you upgrade Buildings? Using a new special Artifact called Elderwood!
Elderwood is a new resource you can find while exploring the Islands and is used to upgrade buildings on your island.
Elderwood can be pretty hard to find, so you must choose well where to use it, which upgrades are more valuable to you and develop your island accordingly!
Note: players who have progressed far in the game will already have some Elderwood in their inventories when logging in for the first time after updating the game.
Also, there’s enough Elderwood in the archipelago to upgrade all the buildings on your island, so don’t worry too much about it :).
Building Upgrade Perks
- Armory: Increase your Max Card Level cap
- Shop: Get more Cards for sale and extra free Boxes
- Artifacts: Increase your maximum storage capacity
- Missions: Unlock new Mission Slots and increase Coin rewards from Missions
- Troop Carrier: Unlock additional Troop slots to bring into battle
- (NEW!) Command: Improve the rewards you get in Boxes
- (NEW!) Operations: Unlock Super Operations
MORE PLAYER LEVELS & NEW CARDS
We're adding 3 Player Levels, increasing the maximum Player Level to 53. With these, there are also more areas to explore and 3 new Icy cards to unlock!
Snowball fights just reached a whole new level!
Cryopult is a fearsome Rare Vehicle that launches a volley of icy projectiles and can chill and slow down entire groups of enemies! Ideal for zone control and defence but can also give your teammates great offensive support.
Watch your step if you don't wanna get knocked out cold!
Cryo Mines are a Common Power up that, once stepped on, will activate an icy blast that damages and severely slows down all enemy targets. This slow effect will persist on the ground and affect any foes that step on it.
Stay frosty, and don't let your Ice guard down at any moment!
Iceguard is an Epic Troop with high health and a fearsome ice spear. Capable of sprinting into action and piercing through (and slowing down) multiple foes with ease! Also immune to enemy slowdowns.
NEW LANGUAGES ADDED
In addition to the game becoming available in new countries, we're also adding the following languages:
- Indonesian Bahasa
- Simplified Chinese
As we expand our soft launch to more countries, we will also add more languages.
Card Unlock Levels
- 4x4 has been moved from Player Level 4 to 13 to make room for the Mega Critter (moved from level 30 to 3)
- Flamer (formerly player level 17) and Scorcher (formerly player level 16) swapped around
- Sniper (formerly player level 13) and Heavy (formerly player level 1) swapped around
- Hot Stone Passage and Lava Land Super Operations: Volcanic Activity - Amount of rock strikes reduced by 30%. Damage from small and medium-sized rock strikes reduced by 25%
- Warrior - Health increased by 25%. Lifesteal vastly improved. Heal amount lowered from 36% to 25% of your base damage, but it is now triggered separately for each target hit. E.g. hitting 2 targets doubles the amount healed to 50%, hitting 4 targets heals you for 100% of base damage, etc.
- Rocket Trike - Health increased by 65% (1400 -> 2300). Reload time reduced by 25% (4s -> 3s)
- Armored Car - Health increased by 11% (2700 -> 3000). Cost reduced from 900 to 800
- Flamer - Reload time reduced by 20%
- Cluster - Reload time reduced by 10% (2s -> 1.8s). Primary explosion damage increased by 15%. Projectile speed increased by 15%
- Commando - Significantly increased accuracy
- Booster - Health increased by 10%. Score & munitions generated for boosting other units increased by 20%
- Cryoneer - Health increased by 5%
- Baby Tanks - Health decreased by 25%. Cost increased from 800 to 950
- Fire Bomber - Health reduced by 15%
- Medi Launcher - Range reduced by 9% (24 -> 22). Health reduced by 12.5% (3200 -> 2800). Reload time increased by 20% (5s -> 6s)
- Sniper - Movement speed reduced from 6 to 5.8 (3.5%). Movement speed while aiming remains the same. Reload time increased by 7% (1.5s -> 1.6s)
- New missions added!
- Missions: "Defeat X enemy players as a Flamer in one battle" reduced requirement from 7 -> 5
- Missions: "Defeat X enemy players as a Commando in one battle" reduced requirement from 7 -> 5
- Missions: "Defeat X enemy players as a Shotgun in one battle" reduced requirement from 7 -> 5
- Missions: "Deal damage to enemy vehicles as Jetpack" reduced requirement by 30%
OTHER CHANGES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Improved Island visuals on the home screen, with bigger, more diverse islands to explore, among other improvements
- Added a Newsfeed tab so all game news and exciting content will be just one click away!
- Improved cover in battles by increasing the size and readability of sandbags, overall making cover easier to use
- Improved tutorials with new visuals, flows and tips to better introduce new players to the game
- Improved in-battle information to give a better explanation of what is happening and the status of the battle objectives
- Added new home screen music
- Fixed an issue with inconsistent information about the Hover Raft Munitions cost
- Fixed an issue that would prevent players from claiming the rewards from the Mission "Defeat X enemy players as a Warrior in one battle"
- Fixed an issue where some players became stuck in a loop when claiming Boxes
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the end-of-battle information would remain stuck on screen
- Fixed an issue where Alliance location appeared to allow you to change location after Alliance creation
- Fixed an issue where searching for Alliances would show results containing empty Alliances
- Fixed an issue with non-Latin characters where the outline would not appear in the text
- Changed Armoury filter from displaying "By HQ Level" to "By Player Level"
- Fixed an issue where players inviting a large number of in-game friends to their Alliances would cause a crash
- Fixed an issue that caused the Tiebreaker animation to skip at the end of Overtime
- Various other bug fixes
AND THAT'S ALL!
As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts, ideas and suggestions on our social media channels:
See you at Battle O'Clock!
– The Boom Beach: Frontlines Team